Deakin University was formally established in 1974 with the passage of the Deakin University Act 1974. Deakin was Victoria's fourth university, the first to be established in regional Victoria and the first to specialise in distance education. Deakin University offers a personalized experience enhanced by innovative digital engagement and leads by creating opportunities to live and work in a connected, evolving world.
Why choose Deakin?
Top university worldwide with high ranking
• Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide according to major
International University Ranking ARWU.
• Ranked in the Top 50 young universities in the world.
• Rated 5 stars for world-class facilities.
• Highest level of over-all student satisfaction among universities in the Australian State of Victoria for eight years in a row.
• Ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world for Education and Training - QS World University Rankings
AIC Pathway to Deakin University
AIC in collaboration with Deakin University provides pathways for students to commence their Deakin University degree at AIC and transfer to Deakin University Melbourne, Australia. Students can complete the Advanced Diploma in Business at AIC and transfer to either Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin Business School with the option of following majors.
Food and agribusiness
Human resource management
Management information systems
Film and television
Property and real state
Chemistry and Materials Science
Infection and Immunity
Molecular Life Sciences Major
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Association of Financial Advisors (AFA)
• Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
• Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
• Certified Practising Accountants (CPA)
• Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
• Financial Advisor Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA)
• Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
• Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML)
• Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).