Doctor of Business Administration
36 - 48 Months
• A Master’s degree from a recognised university
• Other qualifications as recognised by the Academic Senate
• Generally, a minimum of three years’ management or professional experience
• Submit a 1000-word outline of their proposed research topic in an area acceptable to the university
• Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English
Program ObjectivesThe Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a research degree earning you a “doctorate” that enables you to develop rigorous research skills to examine complex issues in business and management. The DBA emphasizes both the development of theory and its application to the real – world problem-solving and decision-making.
Program OverviewThe DBA programme is ideally suited for working professionals wishing to further their careers in consulting or become experts in a particulate management field. The DBA program also suitable for those wishing to pursue opportunities in teaching or research at some stage in their career. You’ll be supervised by leading academics with expertise in the area of research that you are interested in, who will share their knowledge and support you throughout your entire DBA journey.
The DBA is equivalent to a PhD and both earn you a “doctorate” title, but DBA focuses on high-level strategic business problems rather than purely academic questions. Supervised by expert academics with adequate industry experience, you’ll apply the latest concepts and research methods to a real-world issue within your own organization or business entity. You’ll also devise and follow a professional development plan, through which you will demonstrate the impact of your studies on your own practice and career enhancement.
The Manipal GlobalNxt DBA programme is delivered online, with participants enrolling in a learning community with other participants. Each module is led by leading international faculty from GlobalNxt University. Asynchronous online study will be supplemented with weekly webinars for each module. This is further supplemented by monthly research seminars where students, faculty and invited guests share their research work.
Accreditations• GlobalNxt University is a registered private University (IPTS) with the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) with all award programs accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Authority (MQA).
• The University is also a member of EFMD, a leading external accreditation body based in Brussels that promotes excellence in management education.
• Member of International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
• Member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
• Member of Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU)